Intermodal drayage contractors
Consistent freight volumes, industry-leading rates, and major fleet discounts make XPO the perfect fit.
As one of the largest and fastest growing intermodal providers in North America, we’re continually seeking to expand our network of independent owner operators and fleet owners. We know that you have choices when it comes to how you spend time behind the wheel – our goal is to reinforce your choice of XPO with every container you move. We look for hardworking, experienced, safety-conscious professionals with a strong commitment to customer service and on-time performance to join the most valued owner-operator fleet in the industry.
We’re contracting with quality independent operators for drayage service at key rail ramps and ports throughout the United States.
Independent Contractor Qualifications
XPO is looking for contractors for local, regional and port drayage. Please apply if you meet these minimum requirements:
- At least 24 years of age
- At least two years of verifiable experience within the previous five years (includes the ability to operate a tractor-trailer combination, as well as at least one year of intermodal and/or over-the-road experience)
- No more than two moving violations within the past 36 months
- No more than one preventable accident within the past 36 months
California: Lathrop, Los Angeles, LA / Long Beach Ports, Oakland and San Diego
Florida: Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa and Winterhaven
North Carolina: Charlotte
New Jersey: Kearny
Ohio: Cleveland and Columbus
Texas: Dallas, Houston, Laredo and San Antonio
Or call us:
and speak with one of our recruiters.
Tell us what’s important to you.
We can talk about the different intermodal drayage opportunities XPO offers. Give us a call at (866) 722-3750.
As an independent drayage contractor to XPO, you’ll be eligible for programs that can boost your profitability and save you money:
- Sign-on, upgrade and referral awards
- Industry's best CSA scores, pre-pass available
- Safety program awards paid quarterly
- Clean roadside inspection awards
- Standardized fuel surcharge on every load
- No forced dispatch
- Weekly settlements and direct deposits
- Great home time
- Fuel discount program
- IRP base plate and IFTA program/fuel discount programs
- Competitive insurance program, including physical damage, non-trucking liability, occupational accident and deductible buyback
- National emergency breakdown service and towing
- Driver-friendly dispatch and communications